LearnSmart Donates to USO Tampa Bay
Tampa, FL – November 2, 2012 – LearnSmart, a leading provider of IT technology and skills training located in Tampa, Florida, has announced a charitable contribution to the USO Tampa Bay that includes a cash donation and complimentary educational resources for the U.S. military. The contribution, valued at greater than $10,000, includes a $5,000 cash donation plus a complete package of complimentary IT and business skills training made available to US military personnel and veterans. The complimentary training will be provided through open online access to the LearnSmart Cloud Classroom for all visitors and staff at the USO Center located at Tampa International Airport in Tampa, Florida. The contribution is the latest in a series of charitable donations to the USO Tampa Bay, an organization that serves local military members and their families. This continuing partnership between LearnSmart and the USO Tampa Bay is part of LearnSmart’s initiative to give back to the community through organizations such as Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Tampa Bay, the Boys and Girls Club of Tampa Bay, and other non-profit organizations.
"Supporting our military, past and present, is a role everyone should take part in," says Jay Gandee, President of LearnSmart. "For this reason, LearnSmart gladly partners with the USO in their efforts." According to Gandee, each time military members visit the USO Center, they will be offered access to the latest IT certification training, soft skills and business training, and leadership training. "Participating in LearnSmart training provides military members with the opportunity to continue learning and increasing their skill set," said US Army Captain Brian Bashara. "With this training, LearnSmart can further equip them for greater service, in and out of the military."
The USO records that throughout the year, nearly 300,000 military members and their families pass through the Tampa International Airport. The USO Center is located inside the airport providing Internet and phone access, laptops, and refreshments to the traveling military members. The USO aims to support troops by addressing their social, morale, welfare, and entertainment needs through various programs and services. Donations made to the USO Tampa Bay are used for the purpose of meeting those needs. LearnSmart invites the general public to donate to the USO Tampa Bay, by visiting http://usotampabay.org/index.cfm
Located in Tampa, Florida, LearnSmart offers a comprehensive suite of training solutions and a full range of platform options to address the unique challenges facing individuals and businesses today. LearnSmart also looks for opportunities to support the community locally, regionally, and nationally through partnering with non-profit organizations. For more information about LearnSmart, call 1-800-418-6789 or visit www.learnsmartsystems.com.
- LearnSmart Supports US Service Members with Donation to USO Tampa Bay. Read More
- New Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching e-Learning Series Released. Read More
- LearnSmart and Mile2 Announce NSA Approved Security Training Partnership. Read More
- Mission IT Appoints Brian Bashara to Company Board of Directors. Read More
- LearnSmart Partners with Mission IT to Provide IT Training to Veterans. Read More
- Second Course in Citrix XenApp 6.5 Series Released, ‘Securing and Managing XenApp 6.5’. Read More
- LearnSmart Releases Initial Course in Citrix XenApp 6.5 Series. Read More
- LearnSmart named 2013 Nominee for BizTech Innovation of the Year Award. Read More
- LearnSmart adds Custom Course feature to expand its Cloud LMS. Read More
- LearnSmart contributes cash and resources to the USO Tampa Bay. Read More
- LearnSmart Donates to Down Syndrome Non-Profit. Read More
- LearnSmart named as finalist for the 2012 Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year award.
- LearnSmart Releases Sexual Harassment Prevention Course. Read More
- LearnSmart Approved as Member of Microsoft Partner Network. Read More
- LearnSmart receives BizTech Innovation of the Year nomination. Read More
- LearnSmart Approved as Registered Education Provider by Project Management Institute. Read More
- LearnSmart Announces Facebook Contest Winners for #WinCoolStuff Campaign. Read More
- LearnSmart Donates Over Half a Ton of Food and Supplies to Family. Read More
- LearnSmart Names Army Captain, Brian Bashara, as Head of Government, Military and DoD Division. Read More
- Adopts Local Family With Thanksgiving Food Drive. Read More
- LearnSmart Continues Annual Support for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Read More