LearnSmart Donates Over Half a Ton of Food and
Supplies to Family
Tampa, Florida - November 17, 2011 - Skills training company LearnSmart partnered with the Boys and Girls Club of Tampa Bay to hold a holiday food drive that collected 1,481 pounds of food for a local family in need. As sponsor of the Boys and Girls Club family adoption program, LearnSmart collected for a Tampa Bay area family of six in need of assistance with food, money, clothing and personal items. This year's food drive brought in donations from LearnSmart employees, family, friends and other organizations in the area.
LearnSmart’s strategy included splitting staff members into “donation teams” to encourage participation and competition. Each donation team earned points for their contributions of non-perishable food and household items. The competition went down to the final day of the program with employees bringing boxes and bags of food all the way through closing time. In addition to the non-perishable food items, LearnSmart's donation included four chickens, a 20 pound turkey and a gift card to the only grocery store in a reasonable distance to the family's home. The team strategy and competition went hand in hand with LearnSmart's corporate approach to charitable donations. "LearnSmart is proud to partner with the Boys and Girls Club to help families in need," said LearnSmart President Jay Gandee. "We're extremely grateful for the generosity of those who donated to our food drive this year."
The donation from LearnSmart came as a surprise to the family, who were under the impression they were coming to the LearnSmart office's for "a small pickup." When it was revealed the pick up was half a ton of food, the family mom showed her shock and appreciation. “This is a blessing,” the mother of five said, "I just want to thank everyone. I thought I was coming here to help collect donations for others and it was actually for me." The mother extended her gratitude to the LearnSmart team and for the Boys and Girls Club. "I see and do so much good for others, but having it done for me -- I'm speechless."
LearnSmart has an ongoing mission to give back to the community and focuses on charitable efforts that can achieve the greatest impact. To achieve an impact on the greatest number of families, LearnSmart contributes to non-profit organizations whose efforts align with their own. LearnSmart has a successful history of partnering with organizations such as Big Brothers Big Sisters, Boys and Girls Club and other charitable organizations in the community.
Located in Tampa, Florida, LearnSmart offers a comprehensive suite of training solutions and a full range of platform options to address the unique challenges facing individuals and businesses today. Whether on-site instructor-led courses, off-site bootcamps, online training or a blended offering, LearnSmart has the solutions and experience to meet the diverse training challenges facing organizations of all sizes across a broad range of industries.
Since 1997 LearnSmart has been a leading provider of IT, Soft Skills, Business, and Management training. The company provides flexible solutions for any training need and full-service custom course development solutions to ensure businesses provide the precise training required by their workforce. LearnSmart believes that flexibility and mobility are key, so LearnSmart courses are developed to be fully compatible with the latest mobile technology including Apple, Blackberry, Windows Phone, Android and more. For organizations working within the DoD marketplace, LearnSmart offers solutions that can be delivered online or in secure, behind-the-firewall packages to ensure directive 8570.1 compliance. From advanced technology and software training to office productivity, business management, and professional development courses, LearnSmart provides the training solutions that are crucial to an organization’s future success. LearnSmart, LLC is an IT and productivity training company located in Tampa, Florida. To learn more about LearnSmart training and charitable support contact LearnSmart at 1-800-418-6789 or visit www.learnsmartsystems.com.
- LearnSmart Systems acquired by Vector Solutions. Read More
- LearnSmart Supports US Service Members with Donation to USO Tampa Bay. Read More
- New Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching e-Learning Series Released. Read More
- LearnSmart and Mile2 Announce NSA Approved Security Training Partnership. Read More
- Mission IT Appoints Brian Bashara to Company Board of Directors. Read More
- LearnSmart Partners with Mission IT to Provide IT Training to Veterans. Read More
- Second Course in Citrix XenApp 6.5 Series Released, ‘Securing and Managing XenApp 6.5’. Read More
- LearnSmart Releases Initial Course in Citrix XenApp 6.5 Series. Read More
- LearnSmart named 2013 Nominee for BizTech Innovation of the Year Award. Read More
- LearnSmart adds Custom Course feature to expand its Cloud LMS. Read More
- LearnSmart contributes cash and resources to the USO Tampa Bay. Read More
- LearnSmart Donates to Down Syndrome Non-Profit. Read More
- LearnSmart named as finalist for the 2012 Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year award.
- LearnSmart Releases Sexual Harassment Prevention Course. Read More
- LearnSmart Approved as Member of Microsoft Partner Network. Read More
- LearnSmart receives BizTech Innovation of the Year nomination. Read More
- LearnSmart Approved as Registered Education Provider by Project Management Institute. Read More
- LearnSmart Announces Facebook Contest Winners for #WinCoolStuff Campaign. Read More
- LearnSmart Donates Over Half a Ton of Food and Supplies to Family. Read More
- LearnSmart Names Army Captain, Brian Bashara, as Head of Government, Military and DoD Division. Read More
- Adopts Local Family With Thanksgiving Food Drive. Read More
- LearnSmart Continues Annual Support for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Read More